This is a pre requisite step; if you want to play with adb and fastboot command with OnePlus 2 or any Android phone. USB debugging needs to be enabled on any Android in order to have your Android phone and adb/fastboot command communicate via laptop/pc.
To enable developer options and USB debugging on OnePlus 2, follow the steps below. (it’s similar to other Android phone, you can try it out).
Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging
- Go to Settings, scroll to the bottom and look for “About phone”
- Look for “Build number”, doing continuous tap until you see “You are now a developer!”
Continue tapping it!
- Go back to Settings and look for “Developer options”, right above “About phone”
- Make sure Developer options is “On”
- Go to USB Debugging and tap to enable
- Don’t worry about the warning, if you are a Developer ;). Tap on OK!
That’s it, USB Debugging is enabled, you can now doing stuff like a geek, or trying to root your OnePlus2 phone!
The steps above are similar with other Android phone, look for the Build Number and continue tapping it will enable Developer Options.